Friday, May 3, 2013

Twenty days 'til Thirty...Stuff I hate...

Tonight, I got a milkshake before I started writing...it's weird cuz I'm not a huge fan of ice cream.

Since I wrote about things that I like last night, tonight, I am going to write about things that I hate and / or annoy me.  Hooray!  A rant post.  Luckily, the list isn't that long, so tonight's post will be brief.  It's OK though because I'm on duty on Thirsty Thursday and will likely be interrupted any time now....

*Sigh...just got paged*

When you ask a little kid what they don't like, most likely, they will go directly to food.  I was an extremely picky eater when I was younger, but now, I'm the least picky eater that I know.

I dislike 3 foods or food type stuff:  Corned Beef Hash, Pretzels, and Yellow Mustard.

There are plenty of foods that I don't prefer, but I don't hate them.  Sometimes I even enjoy them.  For example, I'm not a big sweets person nor an ice cream person.  But for the past two nights, I've been crushing Cookies n' Cream milkshakes.  I also like nuts, but not mixed with baked goods or salads. 

I also don't have any food texture issues.  So if you ever ask me which restaurant I want to go to, I won't make it easier for you because I don't have a preference.

Let's move onto personality traits / flaws / types of people that get on my nerves.

My biggest pet peeve is someone who thinks that they're better than anybody else.  I don't care about your status.  Your income, your position, your education, your family's income or status, your car, your job, your vacations, your friends...those are all great accomplishments and I'm happy for you.  But the minute you start lauding those accomplishments over other people or think that your status is better than someone else's...you're a douche.  This is unfortunately a common issue in the DC area.  The head of a big corporate or government department is no better than a janitor at an elementary school or an administrative assistant at a tiny non-profit.  I'm not saying that people shouldn't be proud of their accomplishments and what those accomplishments have brought them in life, but be humble about it.

My next biggest pet peeve is negative / moody people.  I'm saying it's not OK to be in a bad mood now and again...I'm talking about people who are consistently negative, in a bad mood, or people that complain all the time.  (Ironic right?  This is my one free pass).  I really am a positive person.  I can find the silver lining, however tarnished, in almost every situation.  There are some people who will find the negative in EVERY situation.  Debbie Downers.  Everybody will be having a good time and there's that one person who always has something negative to say.  Typically, when I'm in a bad mood, I try to be by myself or stay away from people.  OR, I will not actively spill my bad mood out on others.  Stay home or try to be positive.  It's not that bad.

I also can't stand it when people think they're always right.  Because I always am....Aaaaand the pager just went off again.

Sorry about the super short throw-away post tonight.  They can't all be gems.

I'll leave you with this:


BYEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment